Saturday, January 28, 2017

How did you foil/dodge someone else's attempt to cheat or deceive you?

This is very common I guess.

A Nigerian prince somehow got my email and contacted me so safe his family fortune that he can't take it out by himself, $165m.

Oh wow that is a lot of money to be rescued by a stranger, these were before the scam emails got famous.

He wanted me to send $10k in order to wire that money, I said I don't have that money and negotiated down to $5k ( the negotiation took several days).

He also offered me half of the $165m, I said since I'm risking $5k I need to take $100m and he can keep the $65m.

This guy accepted it. And every time I negotiate he gets excited because he thinks I'm sending the money to him. Anything I send to him is a money he can keep to himself.

Then I told him I would send the money through Western Union. I gave him fake MTC number.

I gave him my phone number. He called me several times (long distance calls are costly babeh).

I said there must be some problem, kept calling me several times. I always answered my phone. And explained I'm not the problem.

Then I told him, since there is a lot of money involved I better come to Nigeria. I will come to Abuja, he said no come to Lagos, I said no ( I know he lives in Lagos).

I went to google found out a flight number from my country to Abuja and I gave him my fake travel details and a picture of me (not actually me but a famous Ethiopian singer, Teddy Afro).

Teddy Afro.

He drove from Lagos to Abuja, and waited for me in the airport God knows how many hours.

He kept emailing me several times while he was in the airport and then he called. I answered and said have a nice day in Abuja. Then the sweet Nigerian prince became angry and insulted me. I kept hanging up on him. I didn't want to lash out his anger and he feels better.

I wasted his time and probably money on phone calls and gas for driving from Lagos to Abuja.



Read other answers by Elmi Mann on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2jDWxIt

No comments:

Post a Comment