Sunday, January 29, 2017

How did your parent react after finding out that you smoke?

“How did your parent react after finding out that you smoke?”

Typical, for incapable parents.

My mother and father both smoked like chimneys, but I had been stealing cigarettes from my mother’s packs of cigarettes for about a year before she noticed that she went through her cigarettes at a much faster rate.

I was eleven.

My mother responded with her usual ignorance — since both she and my father smoked, she couldn’t prohibit me from smoking (no?), but she didn’t want me to be smoking outside on street corners, so she preferred for me to smoke indoors, where other parents wouldn’t be able to observe her lack of parental guidance.

When I switched to rolling my own cigarette’s using a machine, she taught me how to roll cigarettes with my fingers, so I would be able to keep smoking if my machine broke.

About a year later I became the best spliff maker in school. My mother would allow me to buy a pack of Javaanse Jongens Tembaco when I went to the store to buy groceries.

I smoked for a little over ten years, smoking about 10 sjekkies per day, until I quit at 23. I stopped smoking joints around the same time.

Nowadays I vape cannabis for medical reasons (glaucoma), but I don’t touch tobacco.



Read other answers by Martyn V. Halm on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kEz0Wt

No comments:

Post a Comment