Saturday, January 28, 2017

What is something that is obvious to you, but not to others?

My brother is pretty rich these days and we went out to dinner the other night and were talking about charity. He was saying he believed his dollar would go further overseas because “there are no hungry people in the US.”

That struck me strange. I challenged what he said about hungry people in the US and a debate ensued. Finally my sister intervened in the exchange and said, “Ian (my brother), are you serious? Don't you remember? You were one of those hungry kids growing up.”

It's astonishing how much our reality is shaped by our current state and the bubbles we live in. We can recognize it in others but never in ourselves.



Read other answers by Aiden Fleming on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kcIkmx

No comments:

Post a Comment