Tuesday, January 31, 2017

What are the sneakiest, most under-the-radar methods of cheating on tests?

The only one that ever caught me was the lost test technique. A student will dutifully take a test, but then not turn it in. Then they play dumb and say “I turned one in…I don’t know what happened!”

They have, of course, kept the test and now work on getting the answers on their own time, and with the benefit of the internet (obviously).

You only get to use this one once - and it often doesn’t work. When I “lose” a test, I make the student retake it on the spot, and I always have multiple versions, one of which I don’t use. That unused version is the makeup. I warn them about this ahead of time, by the way.

Why do I warn them? Because a sneaky student pulled this one off my first year teaching.

Old dogs…we know all the tricks. ;)



Read other answers by Dave Consiglio on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kPBQLm

No comments:

Post a Comment