Saturday, January 28, 2017

What are your most controversial or unpopular opinions?

Ooh, a bit of controversy. What would Quora be without it. So without further ado, let's move onto my controversial thoughts:

  • Men can be raped You'd think this one wouldn't be controversial but you'd but surprised.
  • Looks do matter Not massively so but looks in a relationship do matter. If I'm not attracted to you, then I'm sorry, you're nothing more than a friend to me, no matter how amazing your personality is. Whilst personality is the big one, I have to find you attractive.
  • Being obese is a bad thing now there's certainly a difference between a bit of meat and being obese but often people don't distinguish that. It's just ‘all about that bass’ as they say, or ‘you just can't handle a woman that size’. Well sometimes I'm afraid no one can, because it gets to the point where hospital crews have to use cranes to lift them out of bed and it takes 8 specially trained crew members to work it.
  • You shouldn't be shamed for liking a particular size or race more when choosing women Now people often say things like what I mentioned above about not handling bigger women just because I like them to be fitter, or how I'm somehow a let down to my race because I prefer Asian women. Men and women should be able to like whatever size or race they like when choosing a partner. Now this doesn't allow them to be mean or racist, but they should be allowed to date their preferences without people giving them grief.
  • Japan and Korea really aren't that great I don't understand the love for the two countries. Like literally so many young people are trying to learn either of the two languages and want to go move there. Like, that's great you have an interest, I just don't understand it. I cannot see the massive appeal in either of the two countries, and especially considering the culture is so blummin’ different I'd never fit in. Like Japan and Korea are fine, I just don't understand the people going around acting like anime characters thinking that's what Japanese people do or that's what Japan is like. You're going to be seriously disappointed if that is how you think guys.
  • Hitler was a great speaker and politician Now you'd be surprised of the grief I get for this one. I think a lot of people take this as me being a neo-nazi somehow but I'm not. I just don't see him in a black and white view. He's very grey. He did some good, but he was also a very evil, racist man.
  • Churchill was a horrible racist and shouldn't be on our 5 pound note Basically the opposite of Hitler, I think Churchill was a grey area. He did some good, but he was also an horrific racist who believed whites were the master race. It's beggars belief how he's on our 5 pound note. I was ashamed when that happened. His good did not overrule the bad.
  • France is actually really nice Yup, that's me kicked out of England, but seriously it is. The women are gorgeous too. But of course they smell of garlic, eat frogs legs and surrender (I think I'm allowed back in England after that).
  • The monarchy of Britain should be abolished but not yet. They've not done enough to be abolished yet, but I feel as though after the Queen dies it's just gonna go down hill. This one isn't controversial amongst Brits but it is in places like America and Australia where they have a real love for the monarchy.
  • Video games are an art form the people who say it isn't have never played any game that is considered an art form. That's like me watching sharknado and saying films aren't an art form. Seriously, go and actually play some artistic games.
  • Some degrees are worthless this'll be the one I get the most stick for but it's a true. Some degrees are only there for your money and give you a useless bit of paper at the end. Gender studies being one. That should be at most an after school class.
  • Millenials are incredibly smart but adults often don't take them seriously now I am technically a millennial but no one treats me as such. Adults often think I'm 25-ish so spare me the criticism. I've had adults criticise millenials to me before I've mentioned I'm one.
  • Cricket is boring to watch aaaaaaaand that's my cue to end it seen as though I can practically hear the amount of Indians who are going to come and slaughter me for saying this. Sorry guys!!

Feel free to comment down below about your opinions on these, which will mostly be about cricket ha

(I added to watch because I actually don't mind playing cricket!)



Read other answers by Matty Simpson on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kEAGye

No comments:

Post a Comment