Sunday, January 29, 2017

What is the strangest thing you own?

As a child, we used a large WW1 cannon shell as an umbrella stand.

I used to have the jawbone of a large sea lion. We found it washed and sun bleached on the beach.

I have moved so many times, I keep things a while and then let them go. But since childhood, I have moved around a rock collection, about 20 lbs of rocks, everywhere I go. Obsidian, fossils, jade, various kinds of quartz, some that I just like the color or texture, some with memories, like the one I picked up at my grandfather’s funeral and carried in my pocket about a year.

I don't know that it counts as Quora weird, but most middle aged women don't have giant rock collections.

I keep on my fireplace mantle a vase of paintbrushes instead of flowers. I like how it looks and I can always find a paintbrush.

On my dining table, I have an old tool box I took from a relative’s garage. It holds salt, pepper, napkins, and office/school supplies.

And last is my collection of stolen plants. I love to take a cutting of plants in public places and then root and grow them at home. I have plants from the library, art museum, pharmacy, my great aunts house, and other random places.

So I'm not sure if any of this qualifies as weird or not, but I do recommend the hobby of clipping plants and regrowing them. It is fun.



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2k7MMAT

No comments:

Post a Comment