Friday, January 27, 2017

What's something you used to skimp on, until you tried high quality and now you can't go back?

I used to have a computer that looked vaguely like this:

(Note: PCjs Machines has an emulation of it)

Computers were “Too Expensive” and “I Have Other Things to Spend My Money On”. I was a “Hardcore Programmer” and I said “Windows is for sissies: DOS is for real men”.

In late 1998, I was given a new computer by a friend. It was a fast Pentium II and it cost around $2000.

(Emulation available at Virtual x86)

I was never able to go back to my old computer. It resides in my “collection of old computers” now. The computer itself still works, but all the files have timestamps dating back before 2000 and the software on them isn’t Y2K compliant anyways.



Read other answers by Joey Kim on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kbIsCN

No comments:

Post a Comment