Thursday, January 26, 2017

What was the cruelest thing a school teacher did to you or someone else?

My brother was slightly overweight.

He never complained about it. For the most part, I think he was quite happy with his body.

Until one day, when he was a junior in high school, he came back home crying. It was the first time I’ve seen my brother cry.

My mother asked me to leave so she could talk to him. I left, but being the nosey child I was, I glued my ears to the door and listened to their conversation.

He told her that his biology teacher, as he was explaining hormone imbalance, pointed to him as an example.

The teacher proceeded to explain that his “boobs” are a direct result of having more feminine hormones (estrogen) or fewer masculine hormones (testosterone).

After class, my brother was mercilessly bullied.

His body-image was shattered.

He tried going to the gym, dieting, and even starving. Over a long period of time, nothing seemed to be working.

He begged my parents to undergo male-breast reduction surgery.

As my parents noticed how this incident severely affected my brother, they finally agreed.

This “teacher” took away my brother’s confidence.

And that was the cruelest thing I’ve heard a teacher do.



Read other related questions on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kwatWC

No comments:

Post a Comment