Sunday, January 22, 2017

What is the greatest illusion in life?

We believe we can escape fear by avoiding the circumstances that cause it.

If we are afraid of flying we can resolve not to travel by plane.

If we are afraid of being hurt we can close off our heart.

The truth is the more we adapt our behavior to fear, the more we give it power, and the more it grows.

We cannot let fear make our decisions, because that means it will take over our life.

I read the news today (November 14, 2015) and my heart goes out to the people of Paris, victims of an attack they did not see coming.

And all I can think is I have to get on a plane and go to Paris as soon as I can.

No one can put fear in my heart.

Even if they do, I can refuse to listen.


Read other answers by Dushka Zapata on Quora: Read more answers on Quora.

from Quora http://ift.tt/2kfDy4A

No comments:

Post a Comment